外国黄片网站黄色片一级视屏|国产视频-日美不卡在线视频|看欧美1级1级1级生活片儿|青青草人人插青青操干日AV|青青操在线免费观看av|一级成年国产中文字幕av一|美女黄黄视频骚货网站在线观看|欧美一级做一级a做片|少妇高潮一区二区三区99|丁香五月蜜桃久久久亚洲精品成人

Pakistan starts operation to rescue two European climbers

Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-27 22:04:14|Editor: Liangyu
Video PlayerClose

ISLAMABAD, Jan. 27 (Xinhua) -- The Pakistani army on Saturday started an operation to rescue two European climbers stuck on Pakistan's second highest peak in the country's northern areas, local media reported.

A Polish man, Tomek Mackiewicz, and a French woman, Elisabeth Revol, were attempting to ascend Nanga Parbat when they got stuck at the level of 7,400 meters, Geo News said, adding that the duo began their expedition to scale Nanga Parbat on Jan. 8, but communication with them was severed on Thursday.

The two climbers were spotted by other climbers at the base camp of the mountain on Friday at an altitude of 7,400 meters. Strong winds and freezing temperatures were making it difficult for them to climb down the mountain, said media reports.

According to Pakistani authorities, a four-member team of Polish climbers and skilled pilots of the army will take part in the rescue operation and the rescue is being coordinated with the embassies of France and Poland in Pakistan.

On June 27 last year, two mountaineers, Alberto Zerain, a Spanish alpinist, and Mariano Galvan, an Argentinian national, went missing while trying to climb the same peak, according to local reports.

Mountaineers nicknamed Nanga Parbat as "Killer Mountain" after more than 30 climbers died trying to conquer it before the first successful summit in 1953.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001369297521