外国黄片网站黄色片一级视屏|国产视频-日美不卡在线视频|看欧美1级1级1级生活片儿|青青草人人插青青操干日AV|青青操在线免费观看av|一级成年国产中文字幕av一|美女黄黄视频骚货网站在线观看|欧美一级做一级a做片|少妇高潮一区二区三区99|丁香五月蜜桃久久久亚洲精品成人

Maldives top court to hear case filed against presidential poll results

Source: Xinhua| 2018-10-11 20:38:30|Editor: xuxin
Video PlayerClose

MALE, Oct. 11 (Xinhua) -- The Maldives top court has accepted to hear a legal challenge filed by the ruling Progressive Party of Maldives (PPM) against the results of last month's presidential elections, local media reported Thursday.

The PPM, led by incumbent President Abdulla Yameen, earlier on Thursday said it had filed a case in the island's Supreme Court, against the results of the Sept. 23 polls, alleging that there had been rigging.

In a message on its official Twitter account, the department of the judicial administration said the top court had agreed to hear the case.

However, the court is yet to schedule a hearing.

The PPM said in a statement that the decision to seek legal recourse through the Supreme Court and High court was taken in accordance with the relevant articles of the Elections Act which said that elections-related complaints could be probed only through a court order.

The decision to seek legal recourse was taken by the party council in order to uphold the electoral right of its candidate and running mate as well as the rights of the party's members and the 96,000 people who voted for the president, the PPM said.

The Elections Commission has dismissed the allegations raised by the PPM and stressed there were no irregularities or complaints that could affect the outcome of the election.

Yameen had, a day after the presidential polls, conceded defeat and said he accepted the results of the election. In an address to the nation, Yameen said he would stay on in presidency until the end of his term on Nov. 17.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001375260841